No breast cancer diagnosis is the same. And no one form of support is more right than the other. So how do you go about finding the right support style or group to meet your unique needs? There are a variety of resources available, both online and in person to help you or your loved one find a community to help guide you through your diagnosis and beyond.
According to the National Breast Cancer Foundation, “taking part in support groups, where you both give and receive help, is an effective way to reduce the stress and anxiety that can come with a breast cancer diagnosis.”
It may not always feel like it, but help is all around you. Here’s how and where to find the supportive communities you need.
Breast cancer support communities
- Reach to Recovery provides the opportunity for newly diagnosed breast cancer patients to be connected with breast cancer survivors who experienced a similar type of breast cancer, stage and treatment.
- The Susan G. Komen Foundation offers a variety of Support Groups and Social Support options for patients, family members, caregivers and more.
- Cancer Support Community boasts 175 locations globally and provides something for every age group, including children, teens, and families affected by cancer and services are provided at no cost to those impacted by a cancer diagnosis. To find a group near you, check out their locator.
- The American Cancer Society also offers the Cancer Survivors Network for those just starting their journey, those in the thick of it, survivors and more.
- The National Breast Cancer Foundation hosts a virtual support group the second Wednesday of every month. You can learn more and register here.
Whether you’re a patient or a loved one, getting the support you need is a crucial step in the journey after diagnosis.
Some links will navigate you away from the Resensation® website. Links outside of resensation.com are provided as a resource to the viewer, and do not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by Axogen. Axogen accepts no responsibility for or control over the content of the linked sites.
determining if resensation fits into your breast reconstruction plan
Resensation may be an important consideration when making a breast reconstruction plan. Decide if it’s right for you.Read More